|This page documents what purports to be Illogicopedia policy, as applied by the powers that be.|
Prior to November 2008, Illogicopedia's content was held on Wikia servers under the GFDL license. Following a move to independent servers, the content was relicensed to Creative Commons under clause 11 of the GFDL, which states:
- Massive Multiauthor Collaboration Site" (or "MMC Site") means any World Wide Web server that publishes copyrightable works and also provides prominent facilities for anybody to edit those works.
- An MMC is "eligible for relicensing" if it is licensed under this License, and if all works that were first published under this License somewhere other than this MMC, and subsequently incorporated in whole or in part into the MMC, (1) had no cover texts or invariant sections, and (2) were thus incorporated prior to November 1, 2008.
- Etc. See here for the full text of the GFDL.
All content on the site, unless otherwise stated, is licensed under the CC-BY-NA-SA license:
You are free to share (copy, redistribute and transmit) or remix (adapt) the work under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
 Forked content
- Content adapted from many of the Uncyclopedia projects is licensed under the same non-commercial Creative Commons license, available here. All content from such wikis is noted by the appropriate template.
- Wikia (except Uncyclopedia® and Memory Alpha) and all Wikimedia projects utilise the GFDL and Creative Commons licenses. Content marked as imported from a Wikia wiki is reproduced here under the terms of the GFDL. The GFDL differs from Creative Commons in that it is more open and, since Wikia is a profit-making organisation, allows for them to legally utilise content hosted on their server under their own terms.
 Image guidelines
- Main article: Image copyright tags
Creative Commons or public domain images are strongly preferred on Illogicopedia. Copyright-violating images are subject to deletion. Copyright information must be added to the image description page of every uploaded image as noted.