Forum:Illogiment - a rearrangement of the deck chairs
i suggest, we have a hack at the illogiment, by making the administrators league part of the house, "ie, house of lords" and a new forum for debates, this could always be the logical sector moved. 1. how does this restructure sound for an idea? and 2. can anyone think of a good name for the "house of commons"? --Silent PenguinLeave Me Alone 13:45, 15 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- I wouldn't be against a restructuring... the Houses of Illogiment haven't been edited since about 1872. How's that research into the PHP forum going? I remember somebody said something about it. Maybe for House of Lords we could have 'House of Baudrillard'. Or maybe not because it would go over peoples' heads (who'd blame em? Philosophy largely sucks). House of Lards? As for the Commons one... I dunno, but I reckon it needs to be another cheesy pun. -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 19:51, 15 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
Heres the idea myself and temesticles have come up with:
- The illogiment becomes the governing body of Illogicopedia.
- the smallest parties are absorbed by others, so AIA, that means you! the anti-ducks will be brought into the strangled cat party, and their veiws are then represented.
- the admin section is renamed to something like "League of Lords" "House of Baudrillard" or another such good suggestion.
- the Logical zone is either moved or a new board is created, im in favour for the move, and is renamed something suitible as to fit with the house of commons theme.
- some comments are added to the forum so people know where to post.
- A Common Leader is elected from the non werewolves to be a leader representing the common users of the wiki. they stand for 4 months or until he has been inactive for two weeks without leave, in this case the second in command is put in their place, should both abandon, we have another vote. His goals are to highlight problems where people have poked him, sorta like a rep for the users but more approachable than an admin.
- The werewolves then reside over the illogiment and any action the house of commons decide is required is then looked at by the house of lords and then the resources is either given or not, to the house of commons to act. The lords make sure the commons dont really endanger the site.
how does all that sound?--Silent PenguinLeave Me Alone 17:12, 17 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. The forum could use some action. Letsgoforit! -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 20:31, 17 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- I'm all for it, should we think up cool names for house of lords/commons? Erm, just to clarify,what sort of decisions will the commons and lords take? Is it like features, deletions, etc? --(ballsack) 07:30, 18 Octodest 2007 (UTC) •
- I'll handle deletions, kk. Anyhow. This sounds great. Except, the anti-ducks aren't a party, they're people who feel the ducks SUCK!!111111111one At any rate, that's all I have to say for now. --Sir Asema Politics Complaint Inbox or Outbox
- Which reminds me of a thing I've thought about before; a system for illogical interest groups with whatever agendas, be they crackpotty, for-or-against something, or editing-related (quite a bit of potential in the long term here, I think). They could have their own self-ran system outside the Illogiment, rather than bundling it all together. Thus, the anti-ducks would become a sinister cult/faction/something such and be available for those in all parties to join in addition to those same parties. All that'd really be needed is some page for indexing the groups. --The Divine Fluffalizer 03:30, 19 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Not quite sure what I can contribute to the decisions with this. I'd be glad to put forward some name ideas but not sure what else I can contribute.
- You guys make me cry..... cry. and christ, why are all the admins duck haters??? (except for hindleyite) it really puts me in a bad position here.... help hindley help!!!!! --|Fonchezzz| Quacking| 20:08, 19 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Calm down Fonchy, (pats Fonchezzz on the head) so, when shall we get started and how do we get started? --(ballsack) 10:01, 20 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Well, we can, but we still need some names for the forums, in the meantime, we could just use the names we have ie. "logical sector" and "administrators league".--Silent PenguinLeave Me Alone
- When the whole party system is in place shall we make it an oppurtunity to choose your political party again. --(ballsack) 12:54, 20 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Well, anyone can change at any time pritty much.--Silent PenguinLeave Me Alone 13:24, 20 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Calm down Fonchy, (pats Fonchezzz on the head) so, when shall we get started and how do we get started? --(ballsack) 10:01, 20 Octodest 2007 (UTC) •
I have the best idea so far. we need a vote.
|A good name for the new thingy (0 vote)|
i don't understand this discussion at all --Nerd42 20:20, 26 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- OK! its settled...for the two names there will be house of lards for the admin thingy.... and ow my cat has fleas and one bit me for the common people guys..... at least from what i understand there are gonna be two names....--|Fonchezzz| Quacking| 18:45, 27 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- they are hardly user friendly are they?--Silent PenguinLeave Me Alone 17:59, 28 Octodest 2007 (UTC)
- Can we hurry up and rearrange the deck chairs already; I've got a sore ass. If you'r too lazy just tell me hwat to do and I'll do it but please, let's not let this fester into nothingness. --(ballsack) 12:21, 29 Octodest 2007 (UTC) •
THE DECK CHAIRS ARE CURRENTLY BEING REARRANGED!!! HOLD ONTO YOUR PANTIES
- Hurry up dude, my feet are getting bitten by sand crabs and I think a guy with a moustache just stole my deck chair! -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 18:10, 2 Novelniver 2007 (UTC)
- Still, we've (Seppy) has sorted out the forum. What's left to do? --(ballsack) •
- Heh, you'll probably get elected anyway (what with your legions of
ducksfans) --(ballsack) 19:21, 6 Novelniver 2007 (UTC) •