Crikey, it's my talk page. Leave a message if you wanna
1 (09/01/07–03/06/07) • 2 (06/06/07–20/11/07) • 3 (23/11/07–26/05/08)
4 (30/06/08–02/07/08) • 5 (7/7/08–3/08/08) • 6 (03/08/08–11/09/08)
7 (11/09/08–10/10/08) • 8 (11/10/08–10/12/08) • 9 (11/12/08–08/04/09)
10 (09/04/09–14/07/09) • 11 (20/07/09–10/12/09) • 12 (16/01/10–17/10/10)
13 (04/11/10–04/05/11) • 14 (08/05/11–25/12/11)
New comments at ze bottom, please.
 FIzzy Marmalade Ice Cream
So what's the happy happs? How often do we rotate the features nowadays? Who's taking out the trash? And where's my beer? (ballsack) 22:41, 29 Ditzimber 2011 (UTC) •
- Holy guacamole, it's Testicles. How's life been treating you, man? Still polluting IRC and getting on Seppy's nips? I see you're back into the article creating... I sense an IOTM award already. :) -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 12:30, 30 Ditzimber 2011 (UTC)
- I infest the aeriole from time to time, although it generally gets harder to do so around this time of year, what with seppy being all busy incubating the egg of his young on top of his flippers n stuff. IRC is as dead as the Dodo's stillborn cousin, but i checked in yesterday, saw the sights, grabbed myself a couple of post cards. Only really came back here when I typed the wrong URL into Firefox, but now I'm back its pretty cool so I'm thinking I'll try and keep this going on some kind of near permanent basis. Of course there is always alcohol, and the hangover I expect to achieve after tomorrow night will probably take me out until mid-April :P Been keeping the blog updated I see, steadily working my way through the backlog but its looking good as always so far, so keep up the good work and such like. Any more drama been happening since I left? I could always draw you a penis again if you wanted, y'know, for old times sake (ballsack) 13:19, 30 Ditzimber 2011 (UTC)
- Things going well at school? I expect you're coming towards the end of your educational career now so those biiig exams must be on the horizon. Hate to remind you of that stuff, so, erm... Happy New Year and all that gubbins!
- I can't count the amount of times I've typed the wrong URL into Firefox, leading to much hilarity. Visiting Goggle.com is how I destroyed my old comp. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the rude postcards, and I suggest combatting that hangover with some toast covered in tomato ketchup. -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 13:38, 30 Ditzimber 2011 (UTC)
- Very well, half the students are locked in my basement and the teachers haven't yet realised I'm too old to be there. Second year at uni and tings. When exactly did illogic start again? I was always a bit hazy on the details of how the things that be came to be. I just assume you Nerd and Seppy all got wurzled one night and woke up with the stench of regret and a nonsense wiki. The hangover was beastly. (ballsack) 00:01, 3 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- That's pretty much it. Nerd and Seppy came up with the idea on Uncyc IRC and made a Wikia Scratchpad - call this a 'pilot', if you will. The idea was kind of forgotten about until December 2006 when I stumbled across it and agreed to help out with a brand spanking new (well, a few months old) wiki... The Illogicopedia. Seppy suggested Editthis and things grew from there really. There is some debate over the exact date it was created, though. It was definitely the first week in 2007, lore even suggests 1 January, but I really can't remember.
- Aaaaaanyway, good luck at uni. You should ace those dissertations, if stuff like this is anything to go by. Cite Illogicopedia as a source for extra bonus points, if only in your own mind. -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 11:38, 3 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- Very well, half the students are locked in my basement and the teachers haven't yet realised I'm too old to be there. Second year at uni and tings. When exactly did illogic start again? I was always a bit hazy on the details of how the things that be came to be. I just assume you Nerd and Seppy all got wurzled one night and woke up with the stench of regret and a nonsense wiki. The hangover was beastly. (ballsack) 00:01, 3 Jeremy 2012 (UTC) •
- I infest the aeriole from time to time, although it generally gets harder to do so around this time of year, what with seppy being all busy incubating the egg of his young on top of his flippers n stuff. IRC is as dead as the Dodo's stillborn cousin, but i checked in yesterday, saw the sights, grabbed myself a couple of post cards. Only really came back here when I typed the wrong URL into Firefox, but now I'm back its pretty cool so I'm thinking I'll try and keep this going on some kind of near permanent basis. Of course there is always alcohol, and the hangover I expect to achieve after tomorrow night will probably take me out until mid-April :P Been keeping the blog updated I see, steadily working my way through the backlog but its looking good as always so far, so keep up the good work and such like. Any more drama been happening since I left? I could always draw you a penis again if you wanted, y'know, for old times sake (ballsack) 13:19, 30 Ditzimber 2011 (UTC) •
 Big Buddah stuffs
Hi, thanks for the offers to help out with Big Brrother and the supportive comments on the talk page/blog, much appreciated. Was just wondering if you could do me a big favour and change the sitenotice to something like this from the 1st of January, if you have the time;
- I should remember to do that for you. Ooh, I note it's 12noon GMT so that means it's already New Year's Day somewhere in the world, doesn't it? -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 11:59, 31 Ditzimber 2011 (UTC)
 Edit count
25,000 edits? Where do you get the time, mon? I've been here for almost a year and a half (according to the clock on my userpage, but I don't necessarily trust clocks) and have only done 3,149 edits. (3,150 after this pointless post) And when you wrote articles, they were decent! Mine are crap! Of course, I don't have as much time for Illogico, since I took a Sysop job at RationalWiki (where I am currently a candidate for Moderator, but don't have a chance in hell due to more established users who have been there longer than a year are running; these "Moderators" can protect pages so only they can edit them, and get extra-grade banhammers, but someone would have to be extraordinarily high to vote for me anyway), and some idiot was dumb enough to make me a crat at Ameriwiki, and I take various jobs elsewhere including A Storehouse of Knowledge, Knowino, and elsewhere. If I didn't take those gigs, my edit count here would be at least double, I assure you. Anyway, the point of this long-winded post is "congrats".
Also, on the Mario blog post (since I'm too much of a lazy arse to log in there right now and reply), I'm much more used to actual carts than emulators, so it might be easier for me to patch a cart. I just now figured out how to start Project64; imagine how long it will take to patch a game. But, I'm an ignoramus when it comes to computer technology, so what can you expect?--Colonel Sanders 16:14, 1 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- First of all, in the spirit of the season, HNY! Those 25,000 edits were accrued over five years, remember. That's, like.... 5,000 a year, which I'm sure Testicles could reach with his eyes closed. The bloke's an article writing machine! Anyway, I bet a good few thousand of my edits were caused by rashly hitting the Save button rather than Preview, and a whole heap more may well be minor edits, like adding a category or correcting a spelling mistake. What I'm saying is that edit counts, erm, don't actually count for all that much.
- Somewhere along the line I just flat out stopped contributing to Uncle Pete and went 'full time' on Illogico. You'll probably find 75% of those good edits were made in the first couple of years, when I would muck about on Illogicopedia as a bit of light relief during uni lectures and seemingly endless studio time. Plus I had a lot of discarded ideas from projects I wanted to log down somewhere. These days I try and make any great ideas count because time is much shorter, and I spend a lot of it making videos.
- Regarding emulators, N64 ones really aren't worth your time. Actual console is much more fun anyway, but like you, I've never delved into the electronic side of things. I still expect to see a magical world of little elves ferreting away when I unscrew the cart, but I bet it's just a load of metal and plastic. Hard to think such things could produce full-blown video games... -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 21:31, 2 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- I don't mess with emulators. I'd rather play the real games; I don't know how you'd even do an analog spin a la N64 on an emulator (for Mario Party, Conker, DK64, etc.). The controls would seem rather funky. Mario would probably fall his arse down every time.
- I tried Uncle Pete, but I ended up producing crap like this. I sucked, in short. I think several of Carlb's articles were VFD'd. I'm surprised my O'Reilly crap wasn't deleted in the Forest Fart Week.
- Conservo has been hacked and redirected to a malware site, probably the work of either George Soros or this one vegan liberal hippie girl I knew......
- Alas, I am a serious candidate for teh adminz on another site!--Colonel Sanders 01:16, 8 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- I second your opinion on emulators. What's the point when the actual games are dirt cheap anyway? You might want to get a proper analog PC controller though, strictly for CD-ROM games, you understand ;)
- I think Uncyc has become a bit too narrow in its acceptance levels. Many of my older articles have come under threat of deletion, and some have even been huffed forever, for seemingly no reason other than 'they're old'. Seems Uncle Pete is afraid of its shady past...
- Poor Conservo. I feel so sorry for them. Heheh. Oh, and congrats on the potential adminship! May many vandals be, erm, smited. Or something. -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 12:54, 8 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, Uncle Pete wants to shift away from its earlier days. How long until they start burning their core joke pages like AAAAAAAAA! and Fisher-Price? I believe they're only kept for "historical significance" now. UnNews has gone down the toilet, and is now comparable to Faux News. Some of the good pages are being deleted, and the pages that go "prostitute hooker sex sex sex hawt ur gay har har har" etc. are gaining prominence. I think we can both safely say that Petey's going down the tubes; I haven't seen anything there remotely "funny" when I've stopped by. Sad, really. That's why I fear Illogico may go the same route. That's why I objected (and really still object) personally to Mars Cadbury's template; it even appears on one of my earlier articles here, and I've been half tempted to remove it. Maybe a genuine fear, maybe a personal preference. I dunno. I think Nerd42 shared a similar sentiment in this letter he showed me on SEU, which I just found here. Good choice quitting.
- Regarding video games, I can buy DK64 dirt cheap at my local pawn shop. $5. At launch how many years ago, $70. Crazy isn't it? I don't think it's worth the five bucks to figure out how to play DK64 on an emulator. Some may feel differently, and that their five bucks may go better toward a Big Mac and fries or something. Plus, I usually use my laptop for teh internetz, PC gaming,
hacking Conservoand useless college "classes" (read a book, take a little quiz, post in a discussion board with a bunch of 40 year old single mothers) anyway.
- Look! Look! It's a Miracle!--Colonel Sanders 21:26, 8 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- The last time I read Nerd's letter was a good couple of years ago, but I did the honest thing and re-read it all before replying here. I can entirely see what you mean about the sex template, and actually, come to think of it, am not a massive fan of it myself. But not even Illogicopedia can deny the existence of said practices... hey, if it weren't for sex we wouldn't be here in the first place. I digress, however. I guess as long as things don't get too out of hand it's alright, but the articles themselves seem to be this side of that acceptability line, mostly because they stay on subject and stick to (mostly harmless) innuendo. I think Illogico's view on sex is more childish than offensive, a fact reflected in Cockbeast.
- I don't dislike Uncyclopedia, in fact I'd probably still be there if it weren't for Illogico. What I don't really care for, however, is their deletionist ethic. So what if stuff is two sentences short? Some pages on Wikipedia are shorter still. Of Nerd's letter, I most agree with the idea of what is 'funny', hence Pete's strange deletions such as with food court. I often stick my nose in at VFD to try and keep up with current policies (hey, I'm supposed to be an admin there, but there are so many sysops around they sort things out before I even log in) but find Illogicopedian sensibilities hindering my judgement. It's no good, once you go Illogico you never go back.
- Well, that became all political for some reason. The reason I play older games is because I refuse to pay for something that'll be a tenth of the price in less than ten years; I can pick up Mega Drive (Genesis) cartridges for pennies now, and they're still as good as they ever were. I wish house prices were like that...
- Finally, well done Freddie! I knew you could do it. Do the Illogicopedian community proud! :D -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 12:31, 9 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- Meh, Uncyc....I dunno. Because of Uncle Pete, I was put at the helm of the SEU, which usually comes to no more than some random IPs and spambots editing anyway; there's nothing for me to do there. If SEU ever takes off, I'll make sure to keep away from that sort of content, as its "parent" project is filled with it. All I can do is wish them luck.
- I play older games for exactly the same reason: why pay $50 for a new XBOX game when Super Mario Bros. or Sonic are just as fun as they ever were. Another note of interest: they call it the Mega Drive everywhere else, but they call it Genesis here. I think it has something to do with a U.S. patent copyright with some other 1970s machine (or something like that; I'd have to look it up) called a Mega Drive, and Sega had to rename it. Anyway, I was playing a decent renidition of Monopoly on a Genesis the other day.
- Oh yes, I am a Knowino admin! I would request "reviewer" access for video game articles, but I don't want to go through more bureaucracy; I experienced enough of that learning about the President's cabinet in PoliSci in school last semester. Now I'm learning about when the planets finally didn't revolve around the Earth! Old-fashioned mutiny/bureaucracy, I guess. I would be a Citizendium admin too, but I'm nowhere near my Bachelor's degree yet (a requirement).
- The World's Best Elvis Impersonator- in honor of the King's birthday yesterday.--Colonel Sanders 18:06, 9 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
 Another favour (ain't I so needy)
Thanks muchly for the BB announcements on the blog, (
I was too damn lazy to do them myself). Just one last thing - could you change the site notice again for me, so to let peeps know it's a vote to win this week? Would be super, cheers.--Ben Blade 17:27, 22 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- Now done. The competition is really hotting up now... wonder who'll win, and who'll get the last can of warm beer from the non-functioning fridge? -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 18:19, 22 Jeremy 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Ryan! Thought you'd gone forever... actually, for a minute there, I thought I'd gone forever. Alas, I am unfortunately still alive. :/ -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 14:35, 28 Jeremy 2013 (UTC)
- I just dropped by hoping to see a cow jump over the moon. Serves me right for not reading the title correctly. ~ The Bard of Illogicopedia 16:38, 29 Jeremy 2013 (UTC)
 new user - how to?
I have created a new wiki at:
for our community.
But I don't know how to create new users, we are many.
There is only one user, the Sysop.
Please help! Thanks a lot.
- Hi Andreas. If it's new users you're after, you're in luck - this article, which I wrote many years ago, might be of some use. Also consider mentioning your site on relevant forums and similar wikis to your own, perhaps asking for help in getting your site off the ground.
- If I've got your question slightly wrong (apologies) and you're asking how to create a new account, I believe there is a 'log in/create new account' link in the top right corner of the page. Happy editing and the like! -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 13:47, 31 Jeremy 2013 (UTC)
 I want the second half of my IOTM award!
- 'Tis done my friend! Happy phantomness. -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 21:33, 2 Farbleum 2013 (UTC)
Sup? --(ballsack) 10:49, 1 Arche 2013 (UTC) •
- Hey Testicles, how's it hangin'? -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 21:12, 2 Arche 2013 (UTC)
 What happen!?
Someone set up us the bomb? And has Carlb been summoned from his long divine slumbers with the requisite virgin sacrifices and rituals with voting and all manner of democracy such as to please such faraway and inaccessible gods? When shall the web site be moved, o vaugely chicken-related one? For I have been told it is thou who hast summoned the great beast and surely we must have jumped through all the hoops by this point. --Nerd42 (talk) 20:53, 13 Arche 2013 (UTC)
- Oh man, has it really been two weeks since I last visited here? Jeez, time is passing far too quickly and I am becoming far too old. I dunno man, Carlb is as elusive as ever. But I do need to try and contact him as per the old forum topic and stuff. I dread to think how large the database dump will be... -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 21:18, 21 Arche 2013 (UTC)
- Is that something from This Is Spinal Tap? If not I will take that line and write the sequel. To the notepad... -- Hindleyak Converse • ?blog • Click here! 21:19, 21 Arche 2013 (UTC)